The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) and Ontario’s Local Distribution Companies are pleased to announce that they will continue to offer the existing HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE until June 30, 2017.
The 2017 HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE initiative will provide the following incentives to consumers:
- A $250 incentive for the replacement of an existing CAC System or the installation of a new CAC System with an ENERGY STAR® CAC system that satisfies at least a 14.5 seasonal energy efficiency ratio (“SEER”) and a 12 energy efficiency ratio (“EER”) confirmed by an Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (“AHRI”) reference number. – only eligible until June 30, 2017
- A $400 incentive to replace an existing CAC System or the installation of a new CAC System with an ENERGY STAR® CAC System that satisfies at least a 15 seasonal energy efficiency ratio (“SEER”) and a 12.5 energy efficiency ratio (“EER”) confirmed by an Air- Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (“AHRI”) reference number. – only eligible until June 30, 2017
- A $250 incentive for the replacement of an existing furnace with the purchase and installation of an eligible high efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM) based on the ECM Eligibility List provided on the HRAI resources page. – will be eligible until Dec. 31, 2017
The IESO will be removing the CAC incentives for the SEER 14.5 & 15 (EERs 12 &12.5) from the program as of June 30, 2017 and will be looking at introducing incentives for the following products starting July 1, 2017:
- Central Air Conditioners – SEER 18+
- Air Source Heat Pumps –Ducted and ductless, including ductless multiport
- Drop in ECMs for furnaces
- ECM Circulator pumps
- Air Source Cold Climate Heat Pumps – Ducted and ductless, including ductless multiport
- Adaptive Thermostats
Once the IESO confirms these new products will be eligible, HRAI will communicate to all participating contractors the final details of the program changes for July 2017.
All purchases and installations under the 2017 initiative must be performed by a registered participating contractor between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017. The 2017 claims for the CACs SEER 14.5 & 15 (EERs 12 & 12.5) must be submitted no later than August 30, 2017.
Please note participating contractors must enter submissions within 60 days of the installation date. The IESO can change the terms of the initiative during the program year, including the eligible products and incentive amount. Any updates will be communicated through HRAI as well as the Save on Energy website: https://saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Programs/HVAC- Rebates.aspx