Getting your air conditioner ready for the summer
Looks like it’s going to be a hot one…
Above average temperatures have us sweating, and it’s not even June yet. Not to say that we’re complaining. After a long, long… long winter we’re welcoming the summer heat with open arms.
These hotter than normal temperatures mean that your air conditioning system may be working overtime this summer. That being said, we have come up with a list of tips to get your A/C ready for the season.
Before you crank up your system for the first time…
- Remove the winter cover from your air conditioning unit.
- Make sure that your system is clean by removing any leaves, dirt and/or brush from the top grille.
- Cut back any weeds, vines, or other shrubbery surrounding the base pan. This could obstruct the airflow.
Test your air conditioner…
- Run your system for 5-10 minutes to make sure that it’s functioning correctly.
- Need a pro? A1 provides annual checkups. One of our Home Comfort Specialists will inspect your unit to make sure that there are no existing or potential future problems.
Save on your energy bill and make sure your air conditioning system is running at peak efficiency…
- Save on energy by simply replacing your filter.
- A dirty filter causes your unit to have to work harder and subsequently wastes energy. It can also cause premature breakdowns and lead to poor air quality.
Think it may be time to replace your air conditioner? Take advantage of our Lennox promotion. Save up to $2,200 on the purchase of a Lennox air conditioner and furnace. Hurry, offer ends June 13, 2014.
Give us a call at 905-844-2949, leave us a message, or check out the link below to learn more!