You can make small and easy changes to reduce your air conditioning bill. Though air conditioning is the second largest energy consuming devices in the home (besides the refrigerator) you can manage your use of it in three key ways.
- You should have a professional check, clean and safety inspect the system annually
- Make sure your windows are closed and the blinds/curtains are covering the window to prevent the heat from the sun coming in
- Have a programmable thermostat installed – wifi capabilities help you better control your home comfort and help save on energy
- Replace a dated unit with one that is energy efficient
- Make small lifestyle changes
Planned Maintenance Program:
Through this program A1 Air Conditioning & Heating gives you regular checkups and effective strategies to reduce your air conditioning bill. This safety and cleanliness inspection will identify areas for improvement and help your system to be more efficient.
Get an Energy Efficient System:
Old air conditioners have higher risks for costly problems; repairs are more expensive and the units break more often on average. Considering what you would pay in the long run for your old unit, it is a savings if you install a new model. An energy efficient air conditioner will lower your payments and save you money. Furthermore, it is an environmentally friendly option. A1 Air Conditioning & Heating carries both Carrier models and Lennox models which will save you money and be energy efficient.
The Little Things Count:
Some simple ways to manage your air conditioning bill may seem like common sense but they are often not incorporated into an individual’s overall strategy. Try switching to a programmable thermostat so that you are monitoring your energy use. Make sure that your home is well insulated and don’t forget that applies to your windows. A dehumidifier may be used in addition to your air conditioner so that you do not need to rely on it.
To get a residential or commercial quote from A1 Air Conditioning & Heating click here